Fiber patch cords are used to make patch cords from equipment to fiber optic cabling links. There is a thicker protective layer, which is generally used for the connection between the optical transceiver and the terminal box. How to use the fiber optic patch cord correctly, take the fiber optic patch cord as an example.
1. The transceiver wavelengths of the optical modules at both ends of the fiber optic patch cord must be the same, that is to say, both ends of the fiber must be optical modules with the same wavelength. The simple way to distinguish is that the colors of the optical modules should be the same. In general, short-wave optical modules use multimode fibers (orange fibers), and long-wave optical modules use single-mode fibers (yellow fibers) to ensure the accuracy of data transmission.
2. Do not bend and wrap the fiber optic patch cord excessively during use, which will increase the attenuation of light during transmission.
3. The optical fiber connector must be protected with a protective sleeve after the fiber optic patch cord is used. Dust and oil pollution will damage the coupling of the optical fiber. There are three main types of fiber optic patch cords according to the termination type: ST-ST, SC-SC, ST-SC. According to the type of fiber, there are mainly two types of single-mode fiber and multi-mode fiber. The specifications of the length of the fiber optic patch cord are 0.5m, 1m, 2m, 3m, 5m, 10m and so on. According to the cable outer sheath material, it can be divided into ordinary type, ordinary flame retardant, low smoke halogen free type, low smoke halogen free flame retardant type, etc.
4. According to the fire rating of the building and the fire resistance requirements of the material, the integrated wiring system should take corresponding measures.
5. When laying cables or optical cables in flammable areas and building shafts, flame-retardant cables and optical cables should be used; in large public places, flame-retardant, low-smoke, low-toxic cables or optical cables should be used; adjacent equipment or Fire-retardant wiring equipment should be used in the handover room.
The above is the relevant introduction to the correct use of fiber optic patch cords, I hope to help you.
The application of MPO fiber optic jumper is in the local area network wiring between different buildings of the enterprise, optical active equipment, the wiring in the optical link interconnection communication base station, the wiring in the wiring box, the optical signal connection in the residential area, the industrial park computer room, and the commercial building computer room , Building dense wiring system, optical fiber communication system, cable television network, telecommunication network, local area network (LANs), wide area network (WANs), FTTx.
Knowing that the world of customers is changing rapidly, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the needs of customers with innovative designs, and always spare no effort in research and development. If necessary, welcome to consult.